Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Card Album

DIY Pinspiration Project
You receive so many thoughtfully chosen cards with wonderful messages and words of wisdom.  So, why throw them away? I came across this project on pinterest awhile ago and knew it would be fun to assemble all the bridal shower and wedding greeting cards we received.  It is so simple and chances are you have some of the materials in your craft closet.
Step 1: Gather your cards
Step 2: Separate Bridal Shower and Wedding Cards (I put bridal shower cards then wedding cards)
Step 3: Decorate the covers
  •  You can use cardstock, posterboard, anything with some weight
  • Decorate with scrapbook paper, stickers, etc
Step 4: Punch a hole in the corner of the cards and covers ( I bought a new 1-hole punch at Staples because some of the cards are thick and my hole punch was on the fritz! )
Step 5: Start with the front cover then place the cards on the loose leaf rings (can be found at staples, office max, office depot, walmart or target)
Step 6: Depending on the number of cards you may need to hook several rings together
Step 7: Add the back cover
voila!
It's a simple project that takes about 30-45 minutes.  I keep mine in a basket under my coffee table and flip through it every once and a while with the biggest smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey beautiful bride to be, I would love to hear from you.
Please let me know if you have questions and I will try my best to answer!