- Start your search early!!
- Research online for local florists. Look at their reviews
- Ask people who have recently got married who they used and what they thought. Try not use a recommendation from someone that hasn't gotten married yet. You want to hear how the actual wedding day went.
- Have a budget. Communicate this to your florist.
- Meet with 3-5 florists. During the meeting share your vision, likes, dislikes, and expectations.
- Listen for statements that let you know your florist is educated and will do a good job.
- Compare quotes.
- Ask yourself "Which florist did I like the most?"
- 75% of the florists we met with, I walked away saying "wow, florists are crazy nice and have such a fun personality!" So if you leave a meeting say "what a dud" remember they are going to be creating your wedding flowers. Do you want to pay them for a service and not be happy with the product?
- Look through bridal magazines and save pictures you like
- Pin flower arrangements you like on pinterest
- When you see a flower you like (such as in a movie or show) write it down and keep it in your wedding folder
- Ask yourself some questions:
- What are your wedding colors?
- What is your theme?
- Research what flowers will be in season
- You can get flowers that aren't in season, but it will cost more
- What does your dress look like.. what bouquet will look best with your dress
- If your dress is simple, consider adding embellishments to your bouquet
- What kind of atmosphere do you want for your ceremony and reception
My Flower Story!
It was really hard to decide what blue flowers wouldn't clash with the bridesmaids dress so we decided to have them carry green and white bouquets with blue crystal pics in the center of their roses and a hint of blue iridescent beads on thin silver wire worked in for a touch of blue. Their bouquets were had a combination of dusty miller, green spray roses, green hydrangea, white salvia, white roses, white calla lilies, and green hypericum berries. Each bouquet cost $65 and in total it was $325.
|Light blue bridesmaids dresses with white & green bouquets|
|Use any bracelet for your corsage|
|Wood Box Flower Centerpiece|
|What's your Vision? |
Mine came true...
Gold Chiavari Chairs, Ivory Table Cloths, Light Blue Napkins, Wood Box Flower Centerpieces, Light Blue Votives